Hyperthyroidism is caused by an improper function of the thyroid gland that is located in the neck. This gland is just a tiny one which has a massive effect on our entire health and well being. The healthy thyroid is responsible for a regulated human growth and the speed and maturation of metabolism. If there is a problem with the gland, we will be experiencing hyperthyroidism.
A few people may have this kind of illness depending on their health, food intake and genetic causes. The best thing to do in case of learning that you have hyperthyroidism is to consult a doctor and take the prescribed medicines. However, you can also use the natural treatment for hyperthyroidism which is also effective in treating the gland.
Some natural treatments for hyperthyroidism
· Dandelion root – this is distinguished to have the ability to regulate the liver function. This will also be beneficial for the thyroid gland. By taking 500 mg of dandelion root supplement or maybe a cup of dandelion tea two times a day for about six weeks will help treat your thyroid problems. After regularly taking it for six weeks, stop the intake and then repeat it again after a month. That will make your whole body healthy especially the liver and the thyroid gland.
· Bupleurum and doing quai – this is also known as Hsiao Yao Wan which is a Chinese patent medicine. This medicine helps in the regulation of our endocrine system. If we take 500 mg of it for three times a day within 2 months, we will feel healthier and it will keep our thyroids as well as our endocrine system free from any malfunctions.
· Irish moss and Iceland moss – these are natural sources of good amounts of iodine. Iodine is what the thyroid gland needs to function properly. If we supply ourselves with a good amount of iodine from Iceland moss and Irish moss, we can take care of our thyroid and cure our hyperthyroidism naturally. 150 micrograms of iodine daily is perfect for our thyroids. Make sure that you take this amount regularly especially if you are already having some thyroid problems.
· Quercetin – is a type of inflammatory. It will help heal the damaged thyroid with regular intake of 200 to 300 mg every night before bedtime.
· Valerian – is known to help us fall asleep. It calms the body for better rest. It is also a good natural treatment for hyperthyroidism.
These natural treatments are known to be effective according to people who have tried them. Before you try it for your own, make sure that you do not have any allergic reactions to them. You can consult your doctor before taking them and see which of the natural treatments will work for you.
Added natural treatments for hyperthyroidism:
· Hyperthyroidism Diet – this includes the avoidance of alcohol, smoking, caffeine drinks and chocolate. A good intake of eggs, poultry, cereal and meat are needed to keep the thyroid glands healthy. Also, take vitamins such as A, B complex, C, phosphorus and calcium. Add more cauliflower, broccoli, and other green leafy vegetables into your diet. Yellow fruits like papaya and mangoes are also good for the glands.
· Acupressure Treatment – there are certain parts of the body most specifically in the hands and feet areas that if given pressure will have an effect to the liver and the thyroid glands. This can be performed by a specialist in acupressure.
· Aromatherapy Treatment – this includes some herbs and essential oils that will be used as inhalants into our homes. The fragrance from the special herbs and oils will have a good effect to our thyroid glands when inhaled.
These are just natural alternatives in treating the thyroid glands. We do not advice you to replace doctor’s medications with these but they are good to be added with your prescribed medicines to gain a faster cure.
Source by Ryan English